Las hostilidades takes us into the heart of Santa Lucía, Mexico, a town with a quiet past but little future for its youth, who now live under the constant threat of violence amid a pervasive sense of insecurity. In his directing debut, M. Sebastian Molina analyses the search for identity and a sense of belonging by setting the voices of family and friends to scenes of every local life. As a portrait of a place and people, the film unpicks the meaning of life in a far-flung community left to its fate.
M. Sebastian Molina (Mexico, 1997) studied art history at the Universidad Iberoamerican and filmmaking at the Centro de Capacitación Cinematográfica in Mexico City. In 2018 he worked as director of photographer on the short Aguamiel and in 2019 made his first short, Amok. Las hostilidades, his debut feature, won a WIP Prize from the Fondo Gabriel Figueroa at the Festival Internacional de Cine de Los Cabos and the Ojo Prize for Best Mexican Documentary Feature at the Festival Internacional de Cine de Morelia, before going on to win plaudits from further afield.
- Production company Centro de Capacitación Cinematográfica, A.C.
- Producer Carolina Caballero Covarrubias , Tanya Álvarez, Sebastian Molina
- Distributor Centro de Capacitación Cinematográfica, A.C.
- Screenplay M. Sebastian Molina
- Cinematography M. Sebastian Molina
- Editing Eddie Rubio, M. Sebastian Molina
- Music Paulina Lozano, Pedro Antonio Padilla, Ollie Viceraz, Freinzer, Coga Omar
- Sound Carlos Pedraza, Cosme Álvarez
- Cast Israel Molina, Gerardo Molina, Omar Molina, Miguel Molina
- Contact [email protected]
- Premiere Catalan premiere
- Festival Internacional de Cine de Los Cabos
- Festival Internacional de Cine de Morelia
- International Documentary Film Festival Amsterdam
- Ícaro Festival Internacional de Cine en Centroamérica
- FICUNAM, Festival Internacional de Cine UNAM