A recently retired father invites his son to help him pick cherries in the garden. The father is in no hurry to finish the job while he tries to catch up with his son. The cherries remain in the background. A film in which the imagination takes flight, leaving viewers shaken and pensive long after the credits roll.
Vytautas Katkus (Vilnius, 1991) is one of the most talented and highly acclaimed up-and-coming directors and cinematographers in Lithuania. His debut short, Community Gardens (2019), was selected for the Semaine de la Critique at Cannes, while his second short film Places (2020) premiered in the Orizzonti section at Venice. Uogos (2022) was selected for the official section at Cannes. He is currently developing his first feature film, The Visitor, which won the Next Step Prize at the Semaine de la Critique at Cannes in 2022.
- Production company M-Films
- Producer Marija Razgute
- Distributor Flavio Armone
- Screenplay Vytautas Katkus
- Cinematography Simonas Glinskis, LAC
- Contact [email protected]
- Premiere Barcelona premiere
- Cannes Film Festival
- European Film Awards (Short Film Candidate)
- Concorto Film Festival Italy (Best Short Film Award)
- Castrovillari Film Festival (Jury Special Mention)