Towards the Mist
Ricardo del Conde
- Country Spain
- Year 2022
- Running time 18 min
- Language Spanish
- Subtitles English
- Image B/W, Colour
- Format Digital
An essay from the body regarding a pandemia. A body that incarnates immunity as it doubts it. A dream that evokes fear and hope. An exercise that emerges from the freezing uncertainty towards a vulnerable might capable of bringing down giants.
Ricardo del Conde (Mexico, 1985) has been making documentaries since 2005. He has worked as assistant director and assistant director of photography on a number of documentaries released worldwide, and his debut film, Espantapájaros, won a clutch of awards after being screened at festivals across the globe. He has worked closely on many projects with international human rights organisations, including Artículo19 and Amnistia Internacional. He is a keen advocate of free media and community processes and teaches collaborative documentary filmmaking in several Mexican states. He has also set up a number of pioneering projects on alternative, itinerant means of exhibiting films in Mexico.
Hacia la niebla can also be seen at l’Alternativa under another guise at one of this year’s EXP Cinema sessions.
- Production company Kalakalab, Zazpi T´erdi
- Producer Ricardo del Conde
- Distributor Ricardo del Conde
- Screenplay David Aguilar
- Cinematography David Aguilar, Ricardo del Conde
- Editing Zazpi T erdi
- Music Mursego, Tzesne y Cortini
- Sound Pello Gutierrez, Ricardo del Conde
- Cast Ricardo del Conde, Iune del Conde, Eduardo del Conde, Veronica de la Cerda
- Contact [email protected]
- Premiere Spanish premiere