Godard, seul le cinéma
- Country France
- Year 2022
- Running time 100 min
- Language French
- Subtitles Spanish
- Image B/W, Colour
- Format Digital
Jean-Luc Godard is the very quintessence of cinema. He made more than 140 films over a decades-long career and is loved and loathed in equal measure. But how did he acquire his mystical aura? Partly from his legendary films, but also from the man himself. Even after his recent death, he remains a public figure shrouded in mystery.
In this incisive portrait, Cyril Leuthy avoids the usual cliches of a mythical figure that has sometimes bordered on caricature to reveal a far more sensitive man than expected, a man infused with, and sometimes overwhelmed by, his art.
Cyril Leuthy studied at la Fémis, École nationale supérieure des métiers de l'image et du son. Between 2002 and 2016 he edited a number of TV documentaries on leading names in the world of culture, including Cary Grant, François Truffaut, Claudio Monteverdi, Jean Renoir, John Adams, Daft Punk and Giuseppe Verdi. His own documentaries include La nuit s'achève (2015) and Barbara, chansons pour une absente (2017). Godard, seul le cinema had its world premiere at the Venice International Film Festival.
- Production company JLG FILMS
- Producer 0.7 productions, INA National Institute of Archives, ARTE France
- Distributor Filmin
- Screenplay Cyril Leuthy
- Cinematography Gertrude Baillot, Thomas Dappelo
- Editing Philippe Baillon, Cyril Leuthy
- Music Thomas Dappelo
- Sound Guillaume Valeix, Nicolas Paturle
- Cast Macha Meril, Thierry Jousse, Alain Bergala, Marina Vlady, Romain Goupil, David Faroult, Julie Delpy, Daniel Cohn Bendit
- Contact [email protected]
- Premiere Catalan premiere
- Mostra internazionale d'arte cinematográfica di Venezia
- SEMINCI Semana Internacional de Cine de Valladolid