Rita belongs to a choir which is in danger of breaking up now that they have lost the subsidy that enabled them to rent a rehearsal room. The group has to decide whether to accept sponsorship from by a company that is a major polluter in the valley.
Estibaliz Urresola Solaguren (Bilbao, 1984) studied in audiovisual communication (EHU) and film editing theory (EICTV, Cuba) and has Master’s Degrees in Film Directing and Film Business (ESCAC). She has directed a number of shorts and the documentary feature Voces de papel, which premiered at San Sebastián. Cuerdas was selected for the Semaine de la Critique at Cannes.
Lara Vilanova (Barcelona, 1983) is a director of photography and colourist who graduated from ESCAC. Her film, advertising, music video and fashion film projects have won her several awards, including the Kodak/Nahemi Award at Encounters Film Festival and Best Cinematography Award at Cinespaña Toulouse for her work on Trinta lumes (Diana Toucedo, 2018). She has also taken part in the Berlinale Talent Campus and the Locarno Summer Academy.
- Production company Sirimiri Films, Katz Estudio, Gariza Films
- Producer Sirimiri Films, Katz Estudio, Gariza Films
- Distributor Marvin&Wayne Short Films
- Screenplay Estibaliz Urresola Solaguren
- Cinematography Lara Vilanova
- Editing Maialen Sarasua
- Sound Luca Rullo, Koldo Corella
- Cast Begoña Suarez, Miguel Garcés, Xanti Aguirrezabalaga, Jone Laspiur, Garazi Olaizola et al.
- Contact [email protected]
- Premiere Catalan premiere
- Semaine de la Critique, Festival de Cannes (Rails d'Or Award)
- Festival Internacional de Cine de Guanajuato (Premio SIGNIS Mejor Cortometraje de Ficción Internacional)
- Festival de Cine de San Sebastián
- Sarajevo Film Festival