Filip, born in Belgrade but raised in Barcelona, is wondering whether to scatter his father's ashes in Spain or Serbia. While trying to come up with an answer, he meets Asha, an Ethiopian girl who agrees to join him on his search for his roots. Along the way, on a journey rich in ideas of identity and belonging, they find themselves in increasingly bizarre situations that could be straight out of a Latin American soap opera.
Filip Martinovic (Belgrade, 1988) grew up in Barcelona. In 2017 he completed his MA in Directing for Film and Television at the University of Arts in Belgrade. Telenovela en gris y multicolor is his directorial debut.
Screening presented by Joves Programadors Moving Cinema in conversation with the director.
- Production company GULU GULU presenta
- Producer Filip Martinovic
- Screenplay Filip Martinovic
- Photography Marko Milovanovic
- Editing Ana Zugic, Olga Kosaric
- Sound Luka Barajevic
- Cast Filip Martinovic, Asha Broenn
- Contact [email protected]
- Festival de Málaga