L’Alternativa, 26th Barcelona International Film Festival, will take place from 11 to 17 November 2019. The main venue is the Centre de Cultura Contemporània de Barcelona (CCCB).
All films submitted for selection must have been completed after 1 January 2018.
With the exception of films with English, Spanish or Catalan dialogue or text, all preview copies (online screeners) must include English subtitles.
- Feature film: €10
- Short film: €5
Payment should be made by credit/debit card.
All payments should be made in euros.
The deadline for submissions is 1 July 2019.
Entries will be considered for the following areas of the festival programme:
- International Feature Film (fiction, nonfiction, animation, experimental).
- International Short Film (fiction, nonfiction, animation, experimental) with a maximum running time of 40 minutes.
- Panorama Spanish Feature and Short Film (fiction, nonfiction, animation, experimental) with a maximum running time of 40 minutes for short films.
The Festival awards the following cash prizes to winning filmmakers:
- €4.000 International Feature Film Prize
- €2.000 International Short Film Prize
- €2.000 Panorama Spanish Feature or Short Film Prize
L’Alternativa Hall is an area that hosts curated screenings during the festival.
Entries may be invited to participate in the Hall Selects programme.
PAYMENT AND ENTRY FORM
- Payment should be made online.
- Entrants will receive an email containing a code to register the film.
- Register the film by completing the online entry for each film submitted
- We do not accept entry forms sent by email.
- Entrants will receive an email confirming entry and registration.
When completing the entry form, please include a direct URL link (and corresponding password, if necessary) for streaming the film on a video-sharing website (e.g. Vimeo, YouTube, etc.). We do not accept links to download films from FTP servers or accept files sent via file-sharing services (e.g. RapidShare, WeTransfer, etc.).
If you represent a film distributor, production company or film school that wishes to register more than 10 titles, please contact us regarding special rates for the entry fee.
All submitted films will be viewed by a selection committee.
Entrants whose film has been selected will need to cover the costs of sending a screening copy to Barcelona. L'Alternativa will ensure its safe return after the Festival.
The Festival has an insurance policy to cover any damage to, or loss of, screening copies or any other physical material submitted by participants.
No selected films will be screened without authorisation from the rights holder.
All selected films will be screened exclusively at festival venues during the week of the Festival. The Festival will ask rights holders for permission to screen their film under any other circumstances.
Selected filmmakers are encouraged to attend l'Alternativa in person. The Festival can make a contribution towards travel and/or accommodation expenses.
Screenings are followed by a Q&A session.
Selected films will be included in the video library, which is open to accredited professionals during the Festival.
Your contact details will only be used for direct contact between l'Alternativa and yourself and will not be shared with any third parties.
If you would like to receive l'Alternativa newsletters, please sign up.
- Participation in l'Alternativa implies acceptance of the above regulations.
- The Festival will settle all non-specified cases within the terms thereof.
2019 call for entries now closed
- The deadline was 1 July, and we are no longer accepting entries for the 2019 edition of the festival.
- We will contact all filmmakers with the selection results in October.
- Many thanks for all your submissions!