Family Workshop: Let’s Make a Movie with I+G Stop Motion
GROUP WORKSHOP (4th EDITION)
El Festival de Cine Independiente de Barcelona, l'Alternativa, and El Meu Primer Festival have invited I+G Stop Motion animation studio to make a short animated film with young children and their families. The idea is for kids and grownups to get a firsthand idea of the creative process behind making a short film using cut-out felt characters on glass. Participants will write a short screenplay, design the set and characters, create a storyboard, make the characters and set and, finally, shoot the film.
This is the fourth edition of Let’s Make a Movie with..., which every year invites a guest filmmaker or studio to make a group film with children and families under the umbrella of both festivals. In 2013 we welcomed Japanese animator Maya Yonesho; in 2014, Neus Ballús; and last year, animator Rodolfo Pastor.
I+G Stop Motion is a Barcelona-based production company that has been animating figures since 2004. Its projects have travelled to over 1,000 festivals worldwide and picked up more than 100 awards, including nominations for a Goya, a Silver Méliès Award for Best European Short Film and a Gaudí Award.
In March 2013 they took over one of the rooms at the prestigious Museu da Marioneta in Lisbon to display all the characters from their films. They have given talks at a number of international animation festivals, including anim'est in Bucharest (Romania), Animated Dreams in Tallinn (Estonia), Multfilm in Krasnoiarsk (Russia), Monstra de Lisboa (Portugal) and Fest Anča in Žilina (Slovakia), among others. They have also sat on panels of judges at Spanish and international film festivals.
The workshop will be given by Anna Solanas (codirector of the production company) and Núria Riba (character designer and director of animation).
- Friday 11 November, 6.00–8.30 pm (CCCB)
- Saturday 12 November, 10 am–2 pm (CCCB) and 4–8 pm(I+G Stop Motion)
- Sunday 13 November, 10 am–2 pm and 4–8 pm (I+G Stop Motion)
- All participants should attend the Friday evening and Saturday morning sessions at the CCCB. The Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning and afternoon sessions will be held at I+G Stop Motion and places will be allocated in accordance with participants’ availability.
- Age: Children aged 8–12 accompanied by an adult.
- Places: There are 25 places available. Family units will be limited to 1 adult plus 1 or 2 children.
- Price: €10 per participant.
- Profile: Children and adults interested in handicrafts, painstaking work, experimenting with different materials and animating objects and animation fans eager to experience the whole creative process and work in a real animation studio.
For further information and to book a place: [email protected] / 93 302 35 53.