Call for Projects for the 5th Mentoring Projects
Mentoring Projects is the annual meeting organised by l'Alternativa Professionals to promote the creation, production and distribution of audiovisual projects-in-progress that would benefit from personalised advice to help make them going concerns.
We accept projects at the writing, preproduction, production or postproduction stage. We may ask for further information on shortlisted projects.
Mentoring Projects is held as part of the Barcelona Independent Film Festival, l'Alternativa, whose 24th edition will be held between 13 and 19 November 2017, and makes the most of the Festival’s potential to raise the visibility of independent filmmaking.
An industry professional will be specifically assigned to each selected project to offer advice and assistance to the filmmaker, producer or distributor. We will match the characteristics of each project with the profile of the professional experts in attendance at the Festival.
Two representatives for each project selected for Mentoring Projects (producer and/or director) will be given professional accreditation to attend all the screenings and events at the Festival open to accredited professionals.
In addition, l’Alternativa Profesionales will once again be teaming up with REC, Tarragona International Film Festival, to enable one the selected projects at the postproduction stage to go through to the Primer Test section at REC 2017.
Mentoring Projects will be held at the Barcelona Centre for Contemporary Culture (CCCB) on 17 November 2017.
Submissions deadline: 31 July 2017.
Supported by Catalan Films & TV.
- Promote production and distribution opportunities for emerging filmmaking.
- Encourage the development of innovative audiovisual projects through professional events.
- Expand business opportunities for the independent Catalan audiovisual industry worldwide.
- Boost the role of l’Alternativa a leading example of an international platform for forging ties between independent filmmaking professionals.
By submitting a project, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- Projects should be submitted as indicated in the Required Documentation section below.
- Projects may be submitted in Catalan, Spanish, English or French. However, the selected projects will have to be presented in English, the working language of the professional experts.
- No fees need be paid to take part in the event.
- The director and/or producer of the selected projects should attend the event in person and will be given professional accreditation.
- The Festival will require the producers of the selected projects to include a mention of the project’s involvement in Mentoring Projects in the credits of all copies of the finished project.
Se valorarán especialmente:
- Projects that strongly reflect artistic risk-taking and originality, irrespective of the size of their budget.
- Projects that explore original subject matter in a striking way.
- Possibility of sources of funding.
- The director’s and/or producer’s professional career.
- Languages spoken by the director and/or producer.
- Projects being carried out in Catalonia or seeking coproductions with Catalan companies.
31 July 2017
Patricia Sánchez (firstname.lastname@example.org)