Thy Father's Chair
Alex Lora, Antonio Tibaldi
Orthodox Jewish ageing twins Abraham and Shraga live a reclusive existence in their inherited Brooklyn home, where the rubbish has been piling up for the last ten years and the vermin are taking over. When their upstairs tenant stops paying rent and the twins realise they are in danger of losing their home, Abraham is forced to open their door to the men in white overalls.
Alex Lora (Barcelona, 1979) studied filmmaking in Barcelona and New York and has made 20 shorts. He was a finalist for the Student Academy Awards in 2012 and won a New York Emmy and Gaudí Award (his third nomination) in 2014.
Antonio Tibaldi (Melbourne) has worked in the United States since 1992, directing and producing films screened at festivals worldwide. He is currently film professor at The City College of New York.
- Country Spain, Italy, United States
- Year 2015
- Format Digital
- Running time 74 min
- Image Colour
- Language English
- Subtitles Spanish
- Production company Inicia Films, GraffitiDoc, No Permits Produktions
- Producer Valerie Delpierre, Enrica Capra, Antonio Tibaldi
- Screenplay Alex Lora, Antonio Tibaldi
- Photography Antonio Tibaldi
- Editor Alex Lora, Antonio Tibaldi
- Music Bjarke Kolerus, Simon Don Eriksen
- Sound Lucas Ariel Vallejos
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
FestivalsIDFA Amsterdam DocuDays UA Ukraine - First Prize Thessaloniki Documentary Film Festival True / False Film Festival L'Alternativa 2016 - Premio GAC Mejor Guión de Largometraje
Presented by Valerie Delpierre 18/11