Sofía experienced an apparition by the Virgin Mary, travelled to Lourdes and was cured of an incurable disease. In another time and place, a group of doctors get together to analyse the case and explore what happens when science meets religion.
Maider Fernández Iriarte (San Sebastián, 1988) is an educator and filmmaker. In 2019, her first documentary, Las letras de Jordi, premiered at the New Directors section at San Sebastián International Film Festival, before going on to win special mentions at Alcances and l’Alternativa in Spain and Cinespaña in Toulouse. Her work has been screened to great acclaim at numerous festivals and art centres, including FICXixón, Festival de Sevilla, DA2000, IVAM, FIC Uruguay, CCA Glasgow and Bogoshorts, among others. Her first fiction film, Mirari, is currently in development. Her previous work includes the shorts Amor siempre (2018), La chica de la luz (2016) and Gure Hormek (2016) and the documentary Errautsak (2014).
- Production company Apellaniz y de Sosa
- Producer Leire Apellaniz Lopez
- Distributor Claudia Salcedo
- Screenplay Maider Fernández Iriarte, Irati Gorostidi Agirretxe
- Cinematography Carlos Muñoz Gómez-Quintero
- Editing Virginia García del Pino
- Sound Xanti Salvador, Andrea Sáenz Pereiro
- Contact [email protected]
- Premiere Catalan premiere
- Festival de Málaga (mención especial del jurado)
- BAFICI Buenos Aires Festival Internacional de Cine Independiente
- Festival Internacional de Cine de Las Palmas