In an open space for migrants in Barcelona, a group of young people make a film to share their memories of their journey, their reflections on the European dream and their feelings of homesickness. Kambá! follows Souleymane as he anxiously awaits the outcome of his application for asylum. One day, however, shooting is interrupted when one character suddenly has to leave.
Twin sisters Carolina and Diana Kuzeluk (Paraguay, 1996) have lived in Barcelona since 2010. Carolina graduated in filmmaking from ESCAC (2019) and is currently studying film editing at UPF; Diana has a Master’s Degree in Literature, Arts and Philosophy from UPF (2020). After working together on numerous short films both inside and outside ESCAC, they launched a series of small-scale artistic and social projects with immigrant communities in Barcelona. Kambá! was a final-year film project at ESCAC.
- Production company ESCAC Films
- Cinematography Carolina Kuzeluk, Alez Reverté
- Editing Gerard Borràs
- Sound Joaquín Faundez Hormazábal, Alex Reverté, Sonia Buj
- Cast Souleymane Bah, Amadou Bah, Mandela Tchamou, Ibrahim Doumbia, Thierno Amadou Diop, Rooney Eboule, Abdoulaye Sacko, Elhadj Bailo Bah, Diana Kuzeluk, Carolina Kuzeluk, Mohamed Lkissane, Abderazaak Saadat
- Premiere Catalan premiere