In 2018 a group of filmmakers calling themselves Los Quietos set out to make a film essay on a strange stillness syndrome in the Republic of Colombia.
León Siminiani (Santander, 1971) made his documentary debut with Mapa, which won the Best European Documentary Award at the 2012 Seville Film Festival and was nominated for a Goya for Best Documentary in 2013. His second, Apuntes para una película de atracos, premiered in the New Directors section at the 2018 San Sebastián International Film Festival, won a Feroz Award for Best Documentary and was also nominated for a Goya for Best Documentary. Alongside his more personal work, he has also made forays into the field of investigative journalism, including El caso Asunta and El caso Alcàsser, on con Netflix.
- Production company Gusano Films, El gesto cinematográfico
- Producer Jorge Caballero, Elias León Siminiani, Ainhoa Ramírez
- Screenplay León Siminiani, Jorge Caballero, Miguel A Trudu
- Photography David Correa
- Editing Miguel A Trudu
- Sound Alejandro Molano, Francesco Lucarelli, Nacho Royo-Villanova
- Visions du Réel
- Documenta Madrid (Premio Fugas)
- Festival de Málaga