Geovany, a ruthless hit man in the Barrio 18 gang, is in solitary confinement in an evangelical prison in San Salvador, guilty not only of his crimes but also of an unforgivable in the eyes of the gang and the church: being gay.
Marlén Viñayo (Spain, 1987) directs and produces documentary films. Since 2013 she has lived in El Salvador, where she set up La Jaula Abierta production company. She graduated in audiovisual communication from the Universidad Carlos III in Madrid and did an MA in Documentary Filmmaking at ESCAC. Her feature Cachada (2019) and her short Imperdonable (2020) have been screened at over 70 festivals worldwide and won awards at IDFA, Hot Docs, SXSW, Slamdance, DocsBarcelona and Guanajuato International Film Festival, among others.
- Production company El Faro/La Jaula Abierta
- Producer Marlén Viñayo
- Screenplay Carlos Martínez, Marlén Viñayo
- Photography Neil Brandvold
- Editing Andrea Bilbao
- Music Omnionn
- Sound Eduardo Cáceres
- International Documentary Film Festival Amsterdam (IDFA Award for Best Short Documentary)
- Hot Docs Canadian International Documentary Festival (Best International Short Documentary Award)
- Slamdance Film Festival (Grand Jury Prize for Best Short Documentary)
- Guanajuato International Film Festival (Premio al Mejor Cortometraje Documental Internacional)
- Telluride Film Festival, Filmmakers of Tomorrow