Wall Piano takes us into a daydream of a young girl who lives under the shadow of a separation wall. Part music video, part magic realism, it shows a wall as something other than an immovable barrier for a group of children living near the Qalandia checkpoint in Ramallah, Palestine, a frontline of the West Bank conflict. The inspiration for this short film came from 12-year-old Nada, who also features in the film.
Asma Ghanem (Damascus) is a multimedia artist, illustrator, experimental musician and author from Palestine. Her work explores ways of representing the space between reality and illusion.
Christopher Marianetti is a composer, producer and educator from New Mexico. He cofounded Found Sound Nation, a production company and nonprofit working at the intersection of music and social justice, and is a director of OneBeat, a music diplomacy programme bringing together musicians from around the world.
Alexia Webster is a South African photographer, videographer and visual artist whose work explores intimacy, family, migration and identity.
- Production company Found Sound Nation
- Producer Elena Moon Park
- Photography Alexia Webster
- Animation Christopher Marianetti
- Editing Christopher Marianetti
- Music Christopher Marianetti
- Sound Chris Botta
- Tampere Film Festival, 2021 (Audience Award, Special Mention)
- Santa Fe Independent Film Festival, 2021
- San Francisco International Festival of Short Films, 2020 (Impact Award)
- Columbus International Film & Animation Festival, 2021