When their father dies, he leaves very specific terms and conditions for Alejandro and Julio Cabrera to claim their inheritance: they are to walk to the far south of Fuerteventura and deliver the island's seven most prized billy-goats to their family's historic rivals. Over 100 kilometres on foot across harsh terrain. Two brothers who can't stand each other.
Canary Island–born director David Pantaleón's debut feature is a universal story with a distinctly local flavour. A timeless tale of sibling rivalry set in a barren landscape with the look of a Western and the feel of a road movie.
David Pantaleón (Valleseco, Gran Canaria, 1978) graduated in drama from the Escuela de Actores de Canarias and began directing in 2006. His shorts have travelled to festivals in Rotterdam, Oberhausen, Vila do Conde, Odense, Rio de Janeiro and dokumentArt. El polinizador (2016), Fiesta de pijamas (2015), Tres corderos (2015) y La pasión de Judas (2014) were all screened at previous editions of l'Alternativa.
- Production company VOLCANO INTERNATIONAL PRODUCTIONS SL
- Producer Sebastián Álvarez Castro
- Screenplay David Pantaleón, Amos Milbor
- Photography Cristina Noda
- Editing Darío García
- Music Pedro Fernández Perles
- Sound José Joaquín Pachón Muñoz
- Cast Alejandro Rodríguez Rivero, Julio Rodríguez Rivero, José Manuel Mentado Rivero, Lidia Esther Pérez Quintana
- Contact [email protected]