Adrià Guardiola Rius
- Stage Writing, Production
- Launch date 2023
- Running time 90 min
- Language ESP
In 1963 the Basque town of Bermeo was graced by a visit by Spanish dictator Francisco Franco, who, like some grotesque Captain Ahab, dumped the body of a whale in the middle of the harbour. The newsreels of the time lauded the Generalísimo’s manifestly undiminished power. The rotting carcass of an enormous whale symbolised the might of a dictatorship that appeared to be stronger than ever, imposing its symbolic violence in the form of a huge dead animal. Leviathan was back.
Adrià Guardiola Rius is a director pf photography, filmmaker and researcher interested in new ways of understanding the role and meaning of sound and images in our fleeing everyday existence.
- Screenplay Adrià Guardiola Rius
- Producer Adrià Guardiola Rius
- Production company Adrià Guardiola Rius
- Shooting locations Espanya, França, Alemanya
- Contact [email protected]