The Art of Observing
What role does observing play in filmmaking?
Filmmaker Víctor Erice and artist Antonio López agree that observation is key for anyone working with images. In this hands-on workshop, Daniela Cajías will get participants to do a series of exercises both inside and outside class designed to focus their minds on observing the world around them as they tell a story about it through film. Throughout the workshop, we shall draw inspiration from the work of great filmmakers, photographers and artists with an uncanny eye for observation.
Daniela Cajías, the first and, to date, only woman to win a Goya Award for Best Cinematography, shot the award-winning Alcarràs (Carla Simón, 2022), as well as Mulher como árvore (2020), being screened in the She Shoots parallel section, followed by the panel discussion Ways of Looking. She is also giving the masterclass The Creative Process Seen through a Cinematographer’s Eyes.
- Monday 21 November, 3 pm to 7 pm
- Venue: ECIB
- Standard rate: €30
- Accredited professionals, current and former ECIB students, members of DOCMA: €25
- Participants should have a good general grasp of photography and should bring their own camera (mobile phone or SLR)/li>
- The seminar will be given solely in Spanish
- On-site workshop
- Places are limited
- For further information and to sign up: [email protected]
(+34) 932 462 615