Carla Simón, Marco Businaro
- Country United States
- Year 2009
- Running time 7 min
- Language No dialogue
- Image B/W
- Format Digital
Women's bodies lying on the ground, entwining with their surroundings, breastfeeding, connecting with the ground... Carla Simón's first short, shot in 16 mm in the Californian forests, is an experimental exercise with echoes of avant-garde early-20th-century filmmaking.
Carla Simón (Barcelona, 1986) studied at the Autonomous University of Barcelona and the University of California. She was awarded a scholarship to study an MA at the London Film School. Her debut feature, Estiu 1993 (2017), premiered at the Berlinale, where it won the Best First Film Award.
Marco Businaro met Carla Simón at the University of California, where they made the experimental short Lovers (2010).
- Production company University of California
- Producer Erika Pearsons, Carla Simón, Marco Businaro
- Screenplay Carla Simón, Marco Businaro
- Photography Arturo Morales
- Editing Carla Simón, Marco Businaro
- Music Pietro Dossena
- Cast Aurelie Saubin, Paola Melis, Dana Driskel, Marco Businaro
- Reel Loud Film Festival