Theo Anthony visits the Arizona headquarters of Axon Enterprises, which manufactures Tasers and police body cams, as well as owning the server where the images are stored, the software for scanning them and the AI programs for analysing them. An insightful essay on power relations, forms of surveillance and the means for creating images, All Light, Everywhere also questions the very notion of an objective point of view.
Theo Anthony (Baltimore, 1989) attended Werner Herzog's Rogue Film School in 2014, after studying film theory and creative literature. His debut short, Chop My Money (2014), was followed by his first feature documentary, Rat Film (2016), which travelled to festivals worldwide and won him a fellowship from the Sundance Festival, which is where All Light, Everywhere premiered.
- Production company MEMORY, Sandbox Films
- Producer Riel Roch-Decter, Sebastian Pardo, Jonna McKone, Greg Boustead, Jessica Harrop
- Screenplay Theo Anthony
- Photography Corey Hughes
- Editing Theo Anthony
- Music Dan Deacon
- Sound Udit Duseja
- Cast Keaver Brenai
- Contact [email protected]
- Sundance 2021 (Special Jury Prize for Nonfiction Experimentation)
- CPH:DOX 2021 (Special Mention, F:ACT Award)
- Documenta Madrid (Premio del Jurado a la Mejor película internacional)
- Zurich Film Festival (Science Film Award)
- Sheffield DocFest 2021