Memories of Brazil's slave past overflow into ethereal landscapes and harrowing noises in this intimate journey of the senses. A striking visual and poetic essay on the silencing and invisibility of black people in the African diaspora.
Rodrigo Ribeiro is an Afro-Brazilian film director, producer, screenwriter and editor. A Morte Branca do Feiticeiro Negro, his directoral debut, was voted Best Short Film by Brazilian Film Critics Association and made it into the Top 5 Shorts at Hot Docs Canadian International Documentary Festival.
- Production company Gata Maior Filmes
- Producer Julia Faraco
- Screenplay Rodrigo Ribeiro, Timóteo
- Photography Carlos Adelino, Rodrigo Ribeiro
- Editing Rodrigo Ribeiro, Carlos Eduardo Ceccon, Julia Faraco
- Music Juçara Marçal, Cadu Tenório
- Sound Rodrigo Ribeiro, Leandro Cordeiro
- Hot Docs Canadian International Documentary Festival (Audience Award)
- Festival Internacional de Cine en Guadalajara
- Sheffield DocFest
- Festival de Brasília (Best Director)