5th Mentoring Projects
Mentoring Projects is a session organised by l'Alternativa Professionals since 2013 in collaboration with Catalan Films & TV. It aims to increase production and distribution opportunities for emerging filmmakers by promoting innovative projects and helping the audiovisual industry expand, thanks to the festival’s potential as a platform for raising the visibility of independent filmmaking.
Following our call for projects, an expert was assigned to each of the 18 very different shortlisted audiovisual projects at various stages of development, from treatment to postproduction.
With the goal of promoting innovative projects and helping the audiovisual industry expand, the postproduction and digital effects company Antaviana Antaviana Films Films awards a prize for the most original and viable project from all those shortlisted for the 5th edition of Mentoring Projects. The prize consists of a Digital Cinema Package of the winning film (valued at €2,500), including a subtitled version and a hard-disk copy.
This year, L’Alternativa Professionals and Antaviana Films have awarded the Antaviana–Mentoring Projects Prize to the film La casa del artista, by Ione Atenea, for bursting a time bubble and presenting an entire universe within a house, a microcosm where spectators can sneak into Rosita and Antonio’s past lives and ask themselves what will remain of us once we are no longer here.
In addition, continuing its partnership with with REC Tarragona International Film Festival, L’Alternativa Professionals has decided to enter Eugenio Canevari's film Figuras for the Primer Test section at REC. Currently in postproduction, this simple, original and deeply sensitive film portrays the final days in the life of Stella as she battles with ALS.
- Alén mar DIRECTOR Andrés Sanjurjo García PRODUCER Andrés Sanjurjo García
- Alguien nos mira DIRECTOR Eugenio Canevari, Laura Tajada PRODUCER Inicia Films
- Concepción DIRECTOR Alam Raja PRODUCER Amorós Producciones
- Del otro lado DIRECTOR Iván Guarnizo PRODUCER Gusano Films, Jorge Caballero
- Dúo DIRECTOR Meritxell Colell Aparicio PRODUCER Pelsilvania Films, Paraíso Production
- Eguzkilorea La Flor del Sol DIRECTOR Irati Cano Alkain PRODUCER Irati Cano Alkain
- El Maestrat: Estampes DIRECTOR Fermín Sales PRODUCER Fermín Sales
- El perdón (provisional title) DIRECTOR Ricardo Perea, Julio Lamaña PRODUCER Juan Carlos Concha
- Entera (provisional title) DIRECTOR Christina Pitouli PRODUCER Gusano Films
- Figuras DIRECTOR Eugenio Canevari PRODUCER Mamá Húngara Cine, Eugenio Canevari
- Huanchaca DIRECTOR Sergio Estrada PRODUCER 15-L. Films, Imago Audiovisual
- La Casa del Artista DIRECTOR Ione Atenea PRODUCER Hiruki Filmak
- Los Hijos Vivancos DIRECTOR Mireia Graell PRODUCER Ringo Media
- Mauerfall DIRECTOR Eva Murgui Sánchez, Marina R. Colás PRODUCER Batabat
- Peret. Yo soy la rumba DIRECTOR Paloma Zapata PRODUCER La Fábrica Naranja, Cecilia Ibáñez
- Rapsodia sueca DIRECTOR Fran Ruvira PRODUCER Los Sueños de la Hormiga Roja
- Recursos para descodificar DIRECTOR Andrea Ballesteros i Beato PRODUCER Andrea Ballesteros i Beato
- Txillardegiren Egunkari Ezkutua | Txillardegi’s Hidden Diary DIRECTOR Kote Camacho PRODUCER Komiki Films SL, Kote Camacho
- Stefanie Schulte, curator and programmer Arsenal
- Paul Bell, producer and director Dog and Duck Films
- Alex Traila, consultant and producer
- Claudia Rodriguez, communicator and distributor Preciosa Media
- Maider Fernández, filmmaker
- Jordi Ambròs, director and commissioning editor Televisió de Catalunya TV3
- Beli Martínez producer
- Lur Olaizola, cultural programmer Tabakalera
- Fran Ruvira, filmmaker
- Marta Figueras, producer and director Promarfi Futuro
- Mercedes Alvarez, filmmaker
- Sergi Moreno, producer Lastor Media
- Serrana Torres, filmmaker and producer Intropía