Roundtable: Reflections of the City
This roundtable aims to explore the social, economic and cultural changes and conflicts in a city by seeing filmmaking as a lab where practitioners can experiment with these issues. The idea is to spark debate on the use of public space and reveal how it not only responds to the needs of inhabitants, but can also reveal ideological aspects that affect our life, such as the loss of identity, the impact of certain models of urban development, gender policies and local factors.
We shall discuss how visual practices can help visualise themes and conflicts in the urban environment and hear from filmmakers who have tackled these ideas. By interlinking their work, we can create image-based models of knowledge and reflection.
This activity ties in with the Cazando la ciudad workshop.
- Mariana Freijomil Seoane, teacher and coeditor of Cinergia magazine
- Ana Aitana Fernández, screenwriter and producer of Pasaia Bitartean
- Maider Fernández, filmmaker
- Xavier Artigas, filmmaker and founder of Metromuster
- Mercedes Álvarez, filmmaker
- Arturo Redín, screenwriter
- María Luna, researcher, teacher and academic coordinator of the Muestra Internacional Documental de Bogotá
- Tuesday 14 November, 7 pm
- Sala Raval CCCB
- Free admission
- Places are limited